SU Alumni Volunteer Program
Goals & Objectives
Here are some of the things SU alumni volunteers can do to help:
- Conduct campus tours and take part in educating about the history of Southern University.
- Communicate with prospective students by phone, email and on-line chat events.
- Act as a pre-enrollment peer advisors by talking with interested students to relieve their apprehension about college life and describing Southern University as they see it.
- Help prospective students by explaining the challenges a college education demands.
- To increase the number of qualified students enrolling in and graduating from Southern University in Baton Rouge.
- To provide information about admission, financial-aid, housing, testing and student services available at Southern University Baton Rouge.
Refer A Student
- IRecruit4SU believes that there are over 3,000 committed Alumni & Friends whose lives have been awesomely changed by Southern University, and are willing to invest the time and energy in recruiting one student each to SU. No matter where you live or when you graduated, you can help and have fun with this dynamic program. Together let's help return Southern University to it's POWERHOUSE status! If you are interested in being a part of this movement email us at|: firstname.lastname@example.org
SU Alumni Volunteer Programs
- SU Alumni Social Media Programs: FB, Linked-In, Twitter.
- SU High School & Public speaking program.
- SU Alumni College Fair program.
- SU Alumni Guidance Counselor/Mentor program.
- SU Alumni Fund Raising/Corporate Sponsorship Program.
Get involved today by volunteering for one or more of these opportunities, we appreciate your help!
- Donald C. Wade received The Ultimate Jaguar Award during the 6th Annual Founders' Day Gala from SU Alumni Federation President, Dennis S. Brown in March 2012.
- "The name Donald C. Wade is and will always be synonymous
with Southern University Alumni. Having served at every level of alumni participation -- chapter officer, chapter president, alumni director, national alumni president and alumni director emeritus -- he was truly a Southernite in all his endeavors. This is a great loss for the Jaguar Nation, but we are thankful to have known such a caring, dedicated and kind human being."
- -Dennis S. Brown, SU Alumni Federation President.
♦FaceBook Likes:753 | ♦Interested Recruits:20 | ♦Enrolled Students:1